Murphy Parks Funeral Home
First Bank
builders lumber & hardware

Gas leak handled at Taco Bell Thursday; no injuries

A gas leak at a restaurant prompted a call to the Shelbyville Fire Department Thursday morning.

The Shelbyville Fire Department was dispatched to Taco Bell in the 7:00 am hour for a report of a gas smell in the restaurant. A gas leak with carbon monoxide concentration at over 100 parts per million was discovered.

Concentration Symptoms
35 ppm (0.0035%) Headache and dizziness within six to eight hours of constant exposure
100 ppm (0.01%) Slight headache in two to three hours
200 ppm (0.02%) Slight headache within two to three hours; loss of judgment
400 ppm (0.04%) Frontal headache within one to two hours
800 ppm (0.08%) Dizziness, nausea, and convulsions within 45 min; insensible within 2 hours
1,600 ppm (0.16%) Headache, increased heart rate,dizziness, and nausea within 20 min; death in less than 2 hours
3,200 ppm (0.32%) Headache, dizziness and nausea in five to ten minutes. Death within 30 minutes.
6,400 ppm (0.64%) Headache and dizziness in one to two minutes. Convulsions, respiratory arrest, and death in less than 20 minutes.
12,800 ppm (1.28%) Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes.

The gas to the restaurant was shut off and the building was ventilated.

There were no injuries.

TopDogBoardingKennel
Capone's Speekeasy
Shelby County Drug Free
Renew Body Spirit
Nameless Catering
Hoosier Realtors
Infinity Home Care