The final leg of Interstate 69 in Indiana is a step closer to completion with the release of the Tier 2 Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) and Record of Decision (ROD) for I-69 Section 6. In addition to increasing economic activity in the Martinsville to Indianapolis corridor, I-69 Section 6 will improve safety and travel times for motorists.
The 1,700 page FEIS affirms State Road 37 from State Road 39 to Interstate 465 as the alignment for the 26-mile stretch of highway, and includes recommendations for roadway right of way, location and types of 10 interchanges, placement of 13 overpasses and underpasses and construction of more than 18 miles of new local access roads. The exhaustive study identifies and proposes ways to mitigate the impacts that I-69 Section 6 construction could have on homes, businesses and natural assets within the corridor.
An electronic version of the document can be viewed at http://www.i69indyevn.org under the Section 6/FEIS tab. Printed copies of the document will be available for review tomorrow at the following locations:
- Indianapolis Public Library, 5301 Kentucky Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46221
- Indiana State Library, 140 N. Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Indianapolis Public Library, 40 E. St. Clair Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Monroe County Public Library, 303 E. Kirkwood, Bloomington, IN 47408
- Indianapolis Public Library, 2630 E. Stop 11 Road, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Johnson County Library, 1664 Library Boulevard, Greenwood, IN 46142
- Mooresville Public Library, 220 W. Harrison Street, Mooresville, IN 46158
- Morgan County Public Library, 9410 State Road 144, Martinsville, IN 46151
- Morgan County Library, 110 S. Jefferson Street, Martinsville, IN 46151
- Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library, 1120 Stafford Road, Plainfield, IN 46108